Submissions for Sound Scene 2021 are open through February 28, 2021!
The theme for Sound Scene 2021 is “Emerge.” The human spirit is resilient and creative. We are looking for work that celebrates those qualities. What does that sound like to you? How should we listen for emergence?
We welcome artists of all backgrounds, geographies, and abilities to submit proposals. Sound Scene 2021 will have online programming, and we aim to have an in-person component. Whether it’s mobile or stationary will depend on the proposals we receive.
Here are some additional details:
- SAFETY: All proposals must first and foremost be safe to experience and enjoy during this pandemic. That means explicitly: Contact-free work is required. For all in-person concepts, all proposals (including installations and/or live performances) must be able to be experienced while following social distancing and other safety guidelines as outlined by the CDC.
- ACCESSIBILITY: All work must be ADA compliant and welcoming to all audiences.
- DATE: Sound Scene will take place on June 26 + 27, 2021.
- LOCATION: Sound Scene 2021 will consider proposals for both online and in-person works. In-person works and public events should be based in the Washington, DC area. However, we are open to additional auxiliary events located elsewhere.
- STYLES OF WORK: We are ready for your creativity to blow our minds! In the past we have showcased a combination of installations, multi-sensory performances and small group workshops. Please help us to continue to think outside the box.
- DEADLINES: All proposals are due by Feb 28, 2021 at 5pm ET. Our selection committee will reach out to you by March 30, 2021.
To submit a proposal, please fill out this form before February 28, 2021.